Sunday, July 3, 2011

Being a jerk

CAUTION: This post contains a curse word [just one, don't freak]. So for all you children out there cruising the internet, don't read this.


I get myself into trouble because... well.... I'm a jerk. I tend to make fun of people because I think I'm so hilarious. Sometimes these things just fly out of my mouth before I can stop them. I don't make fun of people to their face, I don't point and laugh, but I do say things under my breath to the people around me. I know, I'm terrible. Do I think I'm so perfect that I can pass judgement on people? No, I'm sure people make fun of me on a regular basis... and yet, I continue to make my little comments.


This flaw of mine got me into trouble not to long ago at a Taco Bell drive thru. Point of interest: I was by myself. So yes, I was making jokes and making fun of someone BY MYSELF. I give you full permission to make fun of me for that...


Back to the story: One night as I got off work around 1am, I realized I was really hungry. Taco Bell is about the only thing open around 1am that doesn't require me to get out of the car. Plus, taco bell is awesome, I don't care how low a rating the meat is...


I pull up to the ordering box [what the heck is that called anyway?] and the man says 'welcome to taco bell, what can I get you tonight?'


Except his voice... audience participation: scrinch up your nose, tighten your throat, and speak through your nose. and speak out of the side of your mouth a little bit. This is the voice that came through the ordering box. I choked back a laugh and gave him my order. I laughed to myself all the way around to the window. He told me my total and took my money. As he walked away, I mocked him. Out loud. To my self. I scrinched up my nose, tightened my throat, spoke through my nose and out the side of my mouth a little. Your total is 5.13, hee hee hee, his voice is funny! What am I, a six year old?


What I forgot was that my window was down. What I didn't realize was that the drive thru window was open. What I failed to see was the Taco Bell employee standing there with my bag of food and receipt.


I froze. I realized that I was a big fat jerk. Do I apologize for making fun of him, further pointing out that he had a ridiculous voice? Oh I didn't need to:


He handed me my food and receipt and said "here's your food, have a good night... bitch"


I just nodded my head and drove off. To eat my taco bell alone and think about what I'd done.

No comments:

Post a Comment