Sunday, September 9, 2012

Socialization

It's been a while since I've posted, but here is my most recent awkward encounter, straight to you from a the bridal shower I just left. 

I arrived at a bridal shower for a friend of mine, looking cute and ready to party. Or shower. Whatever you say about bridal showers. It was a lovely time with good food, punch, and funny stories. It was hosted by a lady in her home. And by home, I mean super nice, should be on the cover of one of those magazines that tells you how you should have your home. The basement was bigger and nicer than my entire home. But whatever, I am a master at fitting in, being cool, nonchalant.... yeah right. I wouldn't have a blog if I was normal in social situations. 

ANYWAY, I had to use the restroom, as one often does. I went to the guest bathroom and... well, we don't need to know the details of that. While in the bathroom, I was struck with how beautiful this bathroom was. The shower had not one shower head, but a SECOND shower head. One of those that comes straight from the ceiling so your showering experience is comprable to being bathed in a waterfall, a rain storm, or drops of liquid from heaven. I want one. so bad. 

After my coveting experience in the bathroom, I went to rejoin the party. I was filling up a cup of coffee when I got to met the hostess of the party. Now let me preface by saying that the following is what a normal conversation would be:

Hostess: Hi, I'm so and so, and you are?
Me: I'm Katie, may I say, you have a lovely home. 
Hostess: Why thank you, how nice of you to say. 
Me: Of course, thank you for hosting, it's a lovely party. 

But that's not blog worthy. Here's how the conversation really went:

Hostess: Hi, I'm so and so, and you are?
Me: I'm Katie and wow, you have a great house. That bathroom is amazing. Such a cool shower. I want it. So bad.  

Hostess: haha [awkward laugh] my husband walks down from the bedroom every morning just to shower in that thing.

Me: I know! [what? I don't know that! I don't know her husband's showering habits. anyway] I almost stripped down and showered myself!

Hostess: [states at me uncomfortably]

Me: Oh, is that cake? Yeah, I'm gonna get some of that...

Yup, that's what I do. I can socialize with the best of them. Some people are social butterflies. I'm more a social moth. I make you uncomfortable and kind of fly in your face. it's not pretty... 

Another successful encounter with a person!! and, I will try to update this thing more often :)


1 comment:

  1. Katie! Other than the cake incident I think that Lady was the one with the problem. You were complimenting her shower and she has no sense of humor. Her fault.

    ReplyDelete